Sharing a blog from The Bi Writers Association . They are now accepting nominations for the 2020 Bisexual Book Awards. Deadline for nominations is December 2, 2020.
I’ve been both a nominee and judge and can sincerely vouch for how seriously judges take these. Note: there is a per book fee to enter, but ANYONE can nominate a book so if you have a crowd-pleaser, get a bunch of them together and crowd-source your entry fee.
The awards are presented annually in New York City, usually on the same weekend as the Lambda Awards. 2020’s awards (for books published in 2019) was, as you might expect, virtual. Check out videos on Youtube.
- Bisexual Non-Fiction
- Bisexual Memoir/Biography
- Bisexual Fiction
- Bisexual Romance
- Bisexual Erotic Fiction
- Bisexual Speculative Fiction [Sci-fi/Bi-fi/Fantasy/Paranormal/-Horror/Etc.]
- Bisexual Teen/Young Adult
- Bisexual Mystery
- Bisexual Poetry
- Bisexual Anthology
- Bisexual Graphic Novel/Memoir
- Bisexual Playscript
- Any book with a bisexual/pansexual or bi+ character, bisexual storyline, bisexual subject matter or bisexual themes.
- Book award categories are open to all authors regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Books should be first published in print in 2020 (ARCs can be submitted if your book is being published in 2020 but after the Dec 2, 2020 deadline).
- Books should be published in English.
- Books must be published in print: not only e-book format.
Print-on-Demand counts as “in print.”
- Single short stories are not eligible.
Read all the details here: http://www.biwriters.org/submission-guidelines/
Make a To-Read list from last year’s winners posted here.